Learn | Make Friends | Get Fit | Compete | Excel
Develop your reason to play through the coaching team at Reigate Priory LTC
Covid-19 Coaching Guidelines
(Updated 31 December 2020)
In line with the latest LTA and Government rules for tier 4 we can continue with individual tennis lessons for juniors and seniors as well as junior group tennis coaching. Unfortunately, adult group coaching will now pause until further notice.
We have updated our risk assessment to ensure a safe environment. Please read below for safe play during tennis lessons at the club.
- All group coaching sessions will finish 5 minutes early to ensure social distancing can be maintained.
- The clubhouse is now closed, so please arrive prepared with water bottle filled and ensure children have been to the toilet before leaving home.
- Please arrive and leave the club promptly and wait in your cars or distanced from other players until the start or finish of the lesson.
- Adults are no longer permitted to mingle with more than 1 other person outside of your household. We would like to encourage you to watch from the warmth of your own car or return at the end of the lesson.
- Please ensure you and your child are distanced from other players when waiting to enter the court for their lesson. Use all the gates to spread out and avoid any bottleneck situations.
- Coaching groups will remain small - either 6 children per group on one court, or up to 8 players on 2 courts. All groups will continue to be separate to each other.
- On court we will continue to distance players throughout the lessons, using cones or markers. We have adapted drills to reflect this and will encourage players to stay apart throughout the lesson.
- With the cold temperature outside please can children wear clean gloves, otherwise please use one of the sanitising units situated outside each of the gates, before or after the lesson.
Dependent on Government or LTA advice, some or all Reigate Priory Coaching sessions might need to be stopped at any point – payment for coaching will not be charged for any sessions missed.
Please can you also observe the following checks before attending any sessions or visiting the club.
PRE-ATTENDANCE SYMPTOM CHECK
All participants should undergo a pre-attendance self-assessment for any COVID-19 symptoms using the information on the NHS website before leaving home. No-one should leave home to participate in tennis if they, or someone they live with, has symptoms of COVID -19, currently recognised as any of:
- A high temperature
- A new, continuous cough
- A loss of, or change to, their sense of smell or taste
Should an individual have demonstrated any such symptoms, they must follow NHS and PHE guidance on self-isolation
For further information regarding LTA guidelines, please click here.
Please let me know should you have any concerns and we look forward to seeing you on court soon.